Friday, June 18, 2010

A Sad Story


 I have a hard time keeping my writing consistent and interesting. I tend to post from the heart-my posts being something that happened to me during day or a cherished memory that I am thinking of. Lately things have been off and I feel like I have been off, so my posts have decreased. I am trying to hold myself to posting at least once a week and this “interesting” story about my thoughts while I ate a smashed sandwich was all I could come up with. Pray that my muse finds her way back.
Being a good hausfrau and an economical saver and all that stuff I try to take my lunch to work, but the conundrum is always, “in what?” How do I transport it? It might seem like a question with an easy answer, but it is not. To take it in an actual lunch box would cost me and I put “lunch box” on the list of things that I never want to pay for, like nightgowns and checking accounts. Why buy a silk teddy when you can sleep in the t-shirt you got for free at summer camp when you were twelve? I personally don’t know why anyone would.
Most of the time, I stick with the grocery bag theme and they vary between Wal-Mart and Stew Leonard’s, the latter being the most sturdy, but then I am faced with the disgrace of a cheap lunch box and so I always just shove the bag down deep in my purse and end up with a very squished sandwich. Squished or pay? Pay or squished? Please, don’t worry; this post has no deeper meaning than my sandwich and me not wanting to pay for a lunch box. Laters.

2 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with Bento Boxes. I have been trying to convince Rob to let us get them for the past 4 months. I'd still have to shove the box somewhere, but if it didn't fit in my bag, a Stew's bag would do in a pinch.

    This girl makes her husband's lunch every day and then blogs it. Ha! http://www.vegetarianlunchbox.blogspot.com/ I would never do that, but maybe that's what Rob's afraid of? That or being ridiculed at work when he pulls out a hard-boiled egg in the shape of a penguin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also hate the sandwich smashing. =P

    It's particularly tragic if you're bringing a PBJ; the jelly tends to make it look like someone has murdered your sandwich.

    My solution: Get some take out for dinner. I know "Thai Spice" in Norwalk uses these sturdy reusable plastic containers, put your sandwich in that, then put that in walmart bag and you're good.

    ReplyDelete