Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Unwelcome News

A post I wrote a few days ago after a talk with my doctor. More testing to follow, then options and decisons. I am feeling good though and very, very optimistic. My family has been amazing and my dad said I'm gonna be just fine and he knows everything.

I have cancer.
I have non-invasive cancer.
I have cancer.
Oh my God, I have breast cancer.
C-A-N-C-E-R……………………
Sort of like dancer, move a letter, shift the alphabet, except that I can’t dance…… not at all.
It seems like I’m speaking about someone else. This is not me. I am just a regular joe. I read about people in books, see them on T.V., those people have cancer, but I don’t. This doesn’t happen to me, only poor schmucks who don’t know any better.
I had a lump removed two weeks ago with the side benefit of a hoist and lift. I’ll can tell you, you my boobs haven’t been that perky since 1996. With all the bandages, steri-strips, and Percocet, I’ve hardly even seen the little dears to properly admire them. They are black and blue and between antibiotic ointment applications I have tried to peek at them. Is it bad that my second thought after I heard the news was, “oh, my boobs, my perky new boobs, what will happen to you now?”
The news made my mother cry and my husband call me 20 times to see if I was ok and talk with a funny catch in his voice. All in all, I feel lucky, this seems to be in the earliest, earliest stages, and I meet with my doctor tomorrow to discuss all the options and get all the particulars. I would appreciate your prayers. Laters.

2 comments:

  1. We love you Jacinta! We are praying for you and we know you are going to be F.I.N.E. I am sure your new boobies are fabulous and will still be fabulous after this little blimp is over. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading this blog for two days. I've been thinking, who is this about? Not my daughter. My beautiful,lovely,sweet gift from heaven daughter, not her. I weep,then I feel a sweet presence and I know God is near, he's always been near. He sees and he knows, and he understands our sorrow, he's saying, trust me, believe in me, I rise up and and am more determined than ever to do just that. I put this in the hands of the God who created the universe. He's all powerful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete