Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Can See Clearly Now

I found out Kev’s secret last night- despite all his blustering, despite all the mean things he’s said, despite putting them on top of his “all time hated teams” list, he really, deep down inside, likes the Yankees. He says he hates them to avoid saying how much he likes them. He likes to pull for the underdog and underdog is one phrase that can’t be matched with the Yankee’s payroll. Once it became clear to me, his endless cycle of yap and smack talking made much more sense. Otherwise, why would a grown man with two available thumbs to flip channels watch a team they detested for 4 ½ hours? The cold, hard, truth is this; Kev is a closet Yankee lover.


To understand it better, I equated it to my complaining about my soft tummy pooch while secretly liking it and thinking that concave bellies are way overrated. When I put it in perspective like that, it all made sense to me. I can see now that Kev has been using reverse psychology on me all these years. And now I know just what he really wants for Christmas. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment