Friday, March 18, 2011

It Was The Right Time

For almost two years, I’ve lived in my current house. The walls are white because it’s a rental and I hate them. What’s my ideal color scheme? Think the Caribbean, vibrant blues, bright pink, rich yellow, purple….birds of paradise and peacock feathers; I love color.   Every time I pass a white wall (which is often because I live there) I think, “ugh!!” I almost painted last year but things were in a toss-up whether we would stay in the house or not, and I thought of all the work involved and the repainting if we moved, so I just decided to take a nap instead. But sometimes the heart needs things that it really doesn’t need. Sometimes we need adventure and excitement and things that don’t make sense except to make us happy. Sometimes we need to paint things, even though tomorrow we may be moving on. It took me almost 2 years to realize how happy that one simple act would have made me, but I will remedy that this weekend. I am painting.
Addendum: I wrote this last week and my mom came for an unexpected visit over the weekend and we painted. I am happy, happy with my new turquoise kitchen. **smiling**

Laters. 

1 comment: