Friday, July 1, 2011

A Year In Somewhat Fuzzy Pictures

One year ago, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. The best part of breast cancer is that you get Percocet and dinners from your friends while you re-cooperate . The worst part is that you have cancer and that you have to wear ugly socks. Laters.

August 2nd Surgery Hawt Hospital Socks

Leaving for the hospital August 2010. Notice that we are all attired appropriately in pink! 
Before they wheel me away 3rd Surgery Sept 2010


Ok,  well maybe one more shot, 3rd Surgery

Ye Olde Faiythful Ice Packe

Bruise easily? All I.V's are torture!
Bracelet by my niece, Hayley. Reminded me to stay strong!

Note from my bro after I started radiation. The darling gift box made by my sis-in-law. One present for each day of treatment.
Radiation markers or perhaps my new tattoo?

Last day of radiation, I wish I looked more excited.

One year later- happy but stuck at work.



2 comments:

  1. I had no idea your diagnosis was so recent. The pictures are evocative...and I love the note from your brother.

    Wishing you a peaceful and powerful year. With no IVs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this when you posted it, I meant to comment, but I wanted to think about it. I did. I think you handled this with the most grace and poise and greatest spirit that I have ever seen. My little girl going thru all this, such a gut ripping experience! My heart went with you every step of the way and I'm so thankful you are healthy and happy. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete