Monday, March 3, 2014

#1

I love my parents. They have honestly done so much for me, that I can't remember and that I don't deserve.  I hope that I've always said thank you to them for all the good things they've passed on to me, but I'm sure I haven't, so thanks mom and dad!!!
I feel like I've talked about my mom a lot but maybe not so much my daddy-o.
He is a real prince- the salt of the earth and probably the greatest gift he gave me is that he made me believe that I could do anything that I wanted. I never knew that gender barriers or glass ceilings existed until I moved away from home; I still think that is remarkable. We grew up with very defined gender roles, so it was less about gender equality or progressive thinking and more that I felt that he trusted me; and that is empowering.
I have so many stories I could tell about him and he is a pretty funny guy, but ultimately, he is my number one fan.  I would say that this story encapsulates my dad perfectly:
Saturday, I went into NYC with my daughter for "girls day" and we met Sarah Jessica Parker (who is divine and charming-just a real sweetheart) and she graciously took a photo with us. (and I got a new pair of shoes from her new line)
A few hours after I excitedly posted my celeb meet-up online, I got the following message from my mother, "Wow, cool. Daddy says you are much prettier." Laters

3 comments:

  1. Dads are awesome, and I'm sure he'll be proud of this blog! (I love the message he sent via your Mom... awwww!)

    Thanks for posting again so soon! Loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and also... yay for new shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post! Tried to comment the day you posted it, but, could not! Don't know why?? Anyway, you had dad and me in tears! He is pretty awesome! You know you are loved, you bring joy and great delight to our hearts! He thinks you are the prettiest girl ever! I think he's right! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete