Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Coffee Connection

I have found a new man, Ranjeet the donut guy at the convenience store Dunkin. You remember my hookup at CVS with the photo department guy? Well, this might just be a better connection. Who loves coffee with a deep and abiding love? Me, check! Who loves blueberry muffins? Me, check! Who loves (in)sincere compliments? I guess that is me again. Check, check and double check.


It was a good one too, he pulled, “is that your son? I thought you were his older sister” out of thin air without missing a beat on my sprinkles/no sprinkles donut order and the coffee was just right. My son is tall, looming over me already and he tends to wander off. As I scurried around the chip aisle looking for him, I called out exasperated, “Bud, where are you?” And that small display of maternal affection started the ball rolling. “That is your son?” Incredulous, shocked. Me smiling proudly, “yes, he is.” He stated, “no way, you are too young.” I flippantly replied, “way, he’s mine.” We passed time with similar comments and replies until I got my receipt, grabbed my cup and thanked him kindly for the compliment. On the way out the door, Ry said, “what did that dude say? “Oh,” I replied causally, “he thought I was your sister.” Ry snorted inelegantly and said, “Weird.” Yeah, I know, right? Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment