Monday, August 9, 2010

Hey, Nice Rack!

thanks to Google for the pic- sorry, I have no idea who to credit

Another surgery tomorrow- a lumpectomy, sentinel node biopsy and probably radiation in a few weeks. The results from the last reconstructive surgery were so awesome, that I’ve convinced myself that I need to do some kind of public showing of the new breasts before they go under the knife again. I am thinking something spectacular, something I could get arrested for, something that will make the newspapers, but to be honest, the best I will probably do is to go sans bra in my fuzzy bathrobe when I take the dog out to potty. You know, in the dark and all.
I’m hoping not to lose the girls when this is all said and done. It looks like they will be around for quite a while, but I suppose that you can never tell with these kinds of things.
I was thinking of a funny story though, a friend that I knew from some years ago had a double mastectomy and the night before the surgery, she and her husband had a goodbye party for her breasts and it was very symbolic and therapeutic for them. They even had a trumpet in the mix to herald the occasion. That is my favorite part of the story, I can just see them….marching solemnly around the room, blowing the trumpet,  “dah-dah-dah…… we now say good bye to the breasts!!” How sweet were they?
I thought we should try it, but I doubt I could convince the hubby, and besides, where would I get a trumpet at this late hour? Not very likely; though we might have a kazoo abandoned in a toy box or a recorder from school band. Hmmmm..... all good ideas, but maybe I’ll save it for later. You know, just in case.  I would appreciate your prayers tomorrow. Laters.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers sent up. Your gonna have a march around the house, God's gonna see you through this!!!!

    ReplyDelete