Monday, August 2, 2010

That Look

A trip to the City on Saturday. I went for some new shoes, but got an American Girl doll instead for Sher. I guess that's just the way this mothering thing goes.

We have visited the store several times, but my cheap little heart could never pull the trigger on a doll that cost more than most of the clothes I own. But Saturday, after multiple trips of being put off, Sher had that "look" as we waked around the store; me fingering tags, wincing at the prices, she looking longingly at the rows of dolls in cardboard cases. She got one- I couldn't bear the "look" in her eyes. She held her doll lovingly all day, frequently kissing the top of her head, making sure her tiny, purple shoes didn't fall off as we walked through Central Park. She named her Christina Elizabeth, but only after making sure I approved of the name. She loves stories, so I told her the one about how her name was almost Elizabeth, but that we settled on Sheridan at the last minute. It made the name feel just right. I am the biggest sucker ever, but was also informed that I am the "best mommy ever," so I'll take that as one of the dearest compliments I've ever received. Laters.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm sure you'll BOTH have years of enjoyment with her new doll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!!!! That was an awesome mommie thing to do. You made one little girl happy!!!

    ReplyDelete