Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Recommendations 2

For a dye hard (haha, get it?) do-it at home hair colorist, I like this product, Clairol Perfect 10. It literally takes 10 minutes, so you have to be quick when you apply, or else before you’re done, it’s time to rinse. It comes with 2 different applicator tips so you can do only roots or whole head- I usually do a little of both. You can get more info here. http://www.clairol.com/niceneasy/perfect_10/index.jsp

Back on the Sally Hansen bandwagon, this stuff, Nailgrowth Miracle Serum works! My nails, especially my thumbs, split way down into the quick as a rule; ugly and painful. I’ve been using this in conjunction with the polish strips and no breaks in over 4 weeks. A real record for me, but since I’m singing SH’s praises, I’m sure I’ll break one today. http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-care/nailgrowth-miracle-serum

Off the beauty subject and not relevant unless you live in CT, but oh my goodness, the chicken salad from Stew Leonards is AMAZING!  We been buying it for a while and it never disappoints. I prefer to eat it on crackers, (Trader Joe’s has these amazing, tiny rye crackers that compliment it superbly) that way I feel like I eat less, but delish any way you serve it.

And on to a more boring subject; laundry. Gosh, how much time have I spent doing this and to make it easy, the Bounce bar has an adhesive strip and you just stick on your dryer and forget about fabric softener. I think that it works well to control static cling and keep clothes soft; my only negative comment is that it doesn’t leave a strong scent. I like my laundry to smell like summer rain or fresh cotton, or lavender fields (fill in fabric softener tag line) and I don’t notice it as much with this. I feel like I have to replace mine a bit more frequently than they recommend, because my laundry day seems to be every day, but from a convenience view point, it can’t be beat.  http://www.bounceeverywhere.com/en_US/products/dryer-bar/video.jsp

No comments:

Post a Comment