Friday, October 28, 2011

Midnight Convo

For the past few days I’ve had either a small head cold or an allergy flare up. The nose is running and the eyes are watering and the sneezes abound. I’ve been taking Sudafed to combat the symptoms and it works pretty good, but as I am a medicine wimp, I only take one at a time and not the recommended two, and still , I get a pretty jittery feeling. Last night, I couldn’t sleep. I tossed and turned and looked at Facebook and did all kinds on mental sheep counting but nothing worked. Finally K said, “Can’t you sleep?” Which really means “Be still, I’m trying to sleep over here.” I said no and then I thought that I would share the fun, racing, jittery thoughts I was having with him.
J-“Babe”
K-“Hmmm…what?”
J-“Do you remember when we were in Dublin at Christ Church Cathedral and we saw the mummified cat and mouse?”
K-“Yes”
J-“Wasn’t that cool?”
K-“zzzz….snort, Yes”
J-“Babe, do you remember the curtains we had at our first apartment?”
K-“zzzzzz”
J-“Babe!”
K-“hmmm….yes… no, not really”
J-“says many other inconsequential things”
K-“snoozes and snores and replies occasionally”
THE GRAND FINALE
J- “Babe, do you like me?”
K-“Babe, I love you.”
J-“Tell me why you love me.”
K-“I love you when you are quiet and let me sleep.”
Laters.

1 comment: