Friday, November 11, 2011

What I Saw

Today as I came into the atrium of my office building, the crazy lady who always asks for a dollar and wears flip flops in the snow was standing outside the plate glass doors on the other side with a large tooth comb, fixing her hair just so. She focused on her reflection intently and took time to reach every strand, smoothing the salt and pepper mass into a sort of wind tousled submission. She went over the stubborn places several times, until all the hairs were smoothed to her satisfaction and finished her coif just as I arrived inside. I saw her quickly pocket her comb to shuffle over to the man taking a smoke break to ask for a dollar.
Laters.

1 comment:

  1. Well, sound like she still has some self esteem, combing her hair and all just so. God bless her! Be kind to everyone you meet, everyone is fighting some kind of battle! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete