Friday, February 3, 2012

The Thin Line

Yesterday morning, I came downstairs to have some coffee and on the kitchen counter, I found a syringe and a rubbery tube with a cap. Curious, I unscrewed the cap and inside the tube were small crystals. Naturally, I freaked out. My first thought was, “OH MY GOSH, one of my kids is a drug addict!!” I grilled son B when he came downstairs, but by his blank stare I could tell he had no idea what I was talking about. I let my daughter off the hook because she is only 9, so that left Number 1 son to take the blame. K was not home at the time so I fretted and worried and only just barely stopped myself from going to the school to pick him up and confront him.
When I talked with K, I worriedly told him of my suspicions and he jumped on the band wagon with me, casually asking the cop who patrols his work parking lot what kind of drug it was. The cop fortunately didn’t arrest K for drug paraphernalia and said that he didn’t think it was drug related as the syringe was too large.
On the tube in small letters was the word Oasis which I was sure must be the new recreational party drug amongst teenagers and I googled it numerous ways, looking for any information and came up with zilch. K also did the google routine and came up with nothing as well.
When Son A came home from school, we pounced on him like tigers, asking him about it, demanding that he tell us what it was.
He was puzzled why we were so concerned about his GUITAR DEHUMIDFDIER!!!!


Ah, well….better safe than sorry, or perhaps more apropos better to be embarrassed than sorry. Laters. 

2 comments:

  1. I love it that you pounced on them all! Ha. That tells me that you are a GOOD MOTHER! You keep on after them until (forever), that's what we do when we love our children! I've made a fool out of my self at least a couple of times,haha, but it's because we love their little hearts!! Soooo glad it had a happy ending! I'll bet Ryley is laughing and telling all his friends! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete