Monday, January 4, 2010

Once In A Blue Moon

While walking this morning in the frigid air, I had a few moments to recollect. I thought to myself that 2009 was a pretty decent year, I learned a lot, mended a few fences, and grew into my own skin a little more than last year. I like the feeling.
I felt pretty satisfied when I closed my eyes after ringing in the New Year by watching a car fly over water on ESPN. This was a show my kids picked, not me, but I almost wet my pants when the driver made the leap safely. I suppose that the Mullins family New Year's eve tradition will be watching extreme stunts from our beds in a hotel room.
I also made a resolution to look around a little more, to be aware, to live in the present. I thought of how there was a blue moon in December, which is rare event. I thought about how someone watched the phases of the moon close enough to know that there were two full moons in one month, and how those only come around once in a while. I realized that I often tend to be so unaware that I would never say, “Oh, look, another full moon!” I would just be busy and preoccupied and look at the night sky and think, “Oh, the moon is out,” and never realize that I had missed an event that only happens every few years.
This will be a good year and I don’t want to miss anything. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment