Monday, January 25, 2010

Run For Cover



So, my dad and ambulance chasing, also known as, my dad versus the tornado. There are many stories that fall into this category, yes; there are many tornado encounters to choose from. Some involve driving over to a town hit by a twister to see how he can "help." Others involve lots of channel flipping between The Weather Channel and CNN so that he can professionally gauge the threat level. One particular story goes something like this, if one were to put it in outline format:
1. Tornado warning
2. Mom and us kids in closet
3. Dad not sure if the forecast and sirens are correct
4. He “needs” to watch the weather from the porch
5. Tornado lands right in front of house
6. Dad makes mad dive for cover
7. Bed is the nearest place for cover
8. Posterior of dad and bed frame fight for space
9. Laws of physics rule, i.e. matter cannot occupy the same space
10. Bed frame wins and dad is stuck half under the bed while the tornado passes
11. Mom laughs hysterically from closet
12. Family is safe
13. I have my first awareness that the Glenn posterior might cause difficulty in small spaces

Oh, and right now as I type this, sirens are whizzing by. My longing for a scanner is brought to a fever-pitch. I too like to "help" people. Laters.

1 comment:

  1. Dads home, I showed him your blog, we're having fits of laughter. I've had my medicine for the day. Now my face is hurting.

    ReplyDelete