Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm A Logger

In addition to snakes, (any kind) spiders, (fuzzy and those with long legs) and electric eels, I have a phobia about trees falling on our house. Long ago, I read two different newspaper articles about trees falling on unsuspecting home-dwellers whilst they were tucked snugly in their beds. Since then, it has been added to the list of crazy fears that have never come true, but when we move to a new house, I always do a mental eyeball of how close the trees are to the windows to see if it would be an instant death sentence if it fell. The enormous tree in our new front yard is definitely the tree of the apocalypse. No survivors.
Last night we had a huge thunderstorm complete with spectacularly bright flashes of lightning. My first thought was the stability of the tree if it were hit by a random strike, my second thought, as I was already in bed, was how comfortable I was. I prayed that none of us died by falling trees. Then I went to sleep….and lived to tell about it. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment