Friday, October 23, 2009

Lunch Break

I had lunch at the yacht club today. You know, like I always do. I held my pinkie up and used my napkin to gently blot my lips and said, “hmm, right, right” when talk was made about mutual funds and stocks and big money. (I am able to offer sound financial advice since my portfolio weathered the recent economic crisis quite well. I went from $27 dollars down to $8 and now my investments have made a healthy jump to $32, so I figure at sixty, I will be living in the nicest slum Juarez has to offer.) I also paid close attention to my forks, using the correct one for each dish so as not to make myself appear an ignoramus.
When dining with the upper-crust, it is nice to be reminded that despite socioeconomic status, people are either kind or they are not. Bigotry and small-mindedness can come in all shapes and forms. Today I had lunch with some very nice ladies; in the truest sense of the word. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment