Thursday, October 29, 2009

Warm Blankets

I had surgery on Tuesday. For a deviated septum. Nothing glamorous or life-changing like a tummy tuck. But I guess you have to start somewhere inconspicuous. The recovery has not been all that bad except for the perpetually bloody nose. Every time I lean over, whoops there is goes. The feeling of the splints inside isn't that great either but at least it really doesn’t hurt.
K started off pretty good in the pampering department, but he has a short attention span and is easily sidetracked. After he had three extremely loud phone calls right beside the bed, I was ready to replace him with a quieter nurse. He has lots of work to do, but I think that the world should stop just for me sometimes. K had to get back to the office, so I mostly tended to myself on Wednesday.
While I waited for my turn in the surgery suite, the nurses loaded me up with toasty warm blankets. That is such an awesome feeling. The world would be a better place if everyone got warm blankets to cuddle up in. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment