Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sew What?

My mom is awesome! Besides the hotness factor that we both share, she knows how to sew and paint stuff. She can also drywall and frame-in doors and install ceiling fans. When she comes to my house, she moves the furniture and pictures all around and says things like “feng shui” and “décor.”
She also asks me things like, “Do you like this here?” or “Where are your paint brushes?” I mostly just read, answer in monosyllables, and move to the other side of the couch when she needs to stand on the side where I am sitting to hang a picture. I also laugh inside because I don’t have a paint brush. Or a craft box, or hot glue sticks, or any of that necessary stuff. She just looks at me like I am crazy because obviously, everyone should have these things.
Even with the hotness factor, sometimes she probably thinks that I am not really her daughter, that her real, sewey, crafty daughter was switched at birth with a neurotic, gnome- like shoe lover who can’t even sew on a button. She loves me anyway, but she does roll her eyes at me. A lot. Laters.

3 comments:

  1. So funny! One day Abby came home from school holding something tightly in her hand. I asked her to show me, she said it's nothing for you my button fell off and I am going to ask daddy to sew it back on when he gets home. :( Mommy Fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I am only crafty when all else fails. And by all else, I mean opening up the Oriental Trading and buying something cutesy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I SEW know what your getting for Christmas. A big pkg. of paint brushes, some craft paint, hot glue sticks and all the other little things to go into your cute little craft box,(which you'll be getting) along with some needles and thread so next time I visit I will not have to make curtains out of iron on tape since "not my daughter" has not of these items. I saw you laughing... yeah, but I do love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete