Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall and Stuff


Pumpkin picking is one thing that I love about fall. I also love new boots, pumpkin spice lattes, and "Winter Candy Apple" lotion from Bath and Body works. After I have these 4 things; the cold weather can go on about its business and leave me alone. I also allow a token snowfall for the perfect Christmas.


I don't like cold weather and I never have. I remember as a kid, riding my bike in the cold, whipping wind to school; tears pouring from my eyes and nose dripping like crazy. It was on that particular cold journey that I became an avid fan of summer. I just can't seem to get warm in the winter. The gloves are never thick enough, the coat way too flimsy to break the knife-like thrust of the winter wind.

I spend the winter going from one heater to the next, constantly trying to warm my hands and backside. My winter wardrobe consists of puffy coats, sweaters that make me look like the Michelin man, and thick fuzzy socks, all designed to produce maximum body heat, but despite it all, I am always cold. Don’t even get me started about the agony of sticking my feet into the abyss of cold bed sheets. Oh misery, thy name is cold sheets! Poor K has stoically endured  many shocks of cold feet placed directly on his unsuspecting legs.

I think that I need to fly south for the winter like any good goose does. Laters.

1 comment: