Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Traveshamockery

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day, a time to remember those who served our country with honor and dignity. It is also known as "the day I scramble for a sitter." I think that if it qualifies for a national holiday, then mothers should automatically have it off from work as well. It is difficult for a working mom to cover the less popular holidays like MLK Day and Veteran's Day, but I truly appreciate the symbolism regardless.


On the bright side, I did see that the US postal service was collecting mail even though it is technically a holiday. As far as I can ascertain, with their usually sparkly sense of customer service, "collecting" the mail means that you can drop your mail in the slot or mailbox. I say big whoop- leaving the mail drop slot open means nothing to me if I don't get my daily dose of Geico fliers, bills and junk mail. Open for collection? Puhleeze! It reeks of a shameless promotion to do absolutely nothing and still act like you are offering a big service. But I guess that is government for you.

Anyhoo- Happy Veteran's Day! Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment