Saturday, September 12, 2009

An Apple A Day Or More

When I was a kid, on fall days, I often came home to the smell of baked apples hot from the oven or homemade fudge hardening on the white plate used for such officious occasions.
Baked apples were my favorite, in fact, I loved them. There was, it seemed to me, nothing better in the entire world.
Feeling the nip of fall in the air; for lunch I made homemade potato soup and a big pan of baked apples.
My son opened the oven and said, "Gross, what is that?"
Love it seems, does not equal the same thing to each person. Laters.

2 comments:

  1. You bring back the best memories...I am calling Mama today and asking her to bake some apples when she comes back up to Camille's this week. I love your child's response..made me laugh out loud. Dang..I wish y'all lived closer. Amy and Jody have finally moved from Grenada back to Corinth and they got to come up Monday to visit. We had such a good time and it made me wish we all lived within a 20 mile radius of each other so we could get together more often! Love ya guys, Carmen, Michael,John David and #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha What is that? So cute and so annoying at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete