Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Who Will Play Me In The Movie?

I dread this day all year. The day I go to Costco, get into the check-out with my grocery barge, and only then, find out that my membership is expired. Paying fifty dollars for nothing goes against the grain. I know that it is technically for something, but it still feels like nothing to me.

My excursion tonight went something like the following play. Laters.

Checker- character should be young and pimply, he should also be scratching his leg madly, enough in fact, to worry shopper that an infectious disease could be spread to her groceries

Shopper- should be harried and unable to find her Costco card in her voluminous purse, with an overstuffed cart and three children in various stages of shopping boredom.


Checker- "your card is expired, do you want to renew it?"

Shopper- "expired? as of when?" (shopper should denote surprise- even though they knew this day was coming)

Checker- "August 31st."

Shopper- "Argh!!!! (shopper should violently express futile frustration)

Checker- "Do you want to renew it?"

Shopper- "Well, I do I have a choice?" (shopper tries to be funny, hoping they can get away with it just this once)

Checker- blank stare

Shopper- "yes" (shopper should again emote loads of futile frustration and also utilize exasperated body language)

1 comment: