Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today is my birthday. I don't feel old though. I had a really good day and I am expecting more fun tonight when K and I go out to dinner.
I had so many good wishes sent my way today, that I actually got teary eyed. Sometimes you forget that you have such good friends and friendship is always something to be reminded of.
The weirdest thing happened; the lady at the nail salon wanted to feel my boobs to see if they were real because I told her how old I was. I told her they were and it was simply a good bra and that anyone could get that. She and her friend then conversed in rapid fire Korean. I don't know what they said, but by the hand motions, miming throwing your boobs like a sack over your shoulder, I felt that despite the language barrier, we shared a kindred spirit about our saggy spots and the benefits of good foundational garments. They tell me how great I look every time I go, so personally, I think it might be a ploy to get a better tip, but I take the compliments however they come.
The best part of the day was when I tried on jeans at the store and they all fit! Then, I had to make the choice about which pair I wanted instead of being forced to take the pair that would fit my rump. You can bet that never happens so I am chalking it up to the birthday magic. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment