Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Melancholy Baby

I love that funerals make everyone forget all the bad stuff. My dad used to call it “preaching someone into heaven.” I think that it occurs because the loss of the person is felt so strongly that we cannot imagine them unhappy or sad; that we hope in death, they have achieved the peace and happiness that eluded them in life.
Regardless, it is an interesting phenomena and that is what I like about it. Everyone deserves the “perfect” chance and maybe that is just what heaven is.
I hope that no one will remember the bad things about me like my cupcake addiction, my tendency to be nasty in the morning before I’ve had coffee, and the fact that I like to slam doors when I am angry and that I never clean behind my toilets.
If anything is remembered, let it be my shoes or my ever-changing hair color or the fact that I will invite someone over for dinner even if I don’t like them; just so they aren’t alone. Remember that I love my kids more than my own life and that I think dessert should be a required course of every meal- even quiet dinners at home. Remember that I am the consummate impulse shopper and that it’s ok because I probably needed it anyway. Remember that I need a few toe-dips in the pool before I am ready to dive in, but once I’m in; I’m in all the way.
Remember it and tell me now, saving it up is a waste. Laters.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you think pickles are one of the major food groups. I love that you "survived" in a house of boys and "roughed them up" when it was necessary (even mowing them down on a bicycle). I love that your dimples light up from all the way across the room. I love that visits from OK always seemed like you were just there the week before and we picked up where we left off. I love when you sing with Mamaw Soper as your accompanist. I love that you can dry off after a shower with a hand towel...and that you take 75,994 showers a day. I love Gonzo..heehee! I love that you made "worn tennis shoes" the fashion statement years before you could actually buy them in that condition. I love that you got out of your car and into my family's car with your suitcase in hand when you arrived in MS. I love Merf. I love your Bugs Bunny "Oh agony, agony!" immitations. I love introducing you at college at my cousin, Ann. I still love the P-Susie story and "Hello Sssstacy and Jaccccinta oncccce more". Basically....LOVE YA!!!

    ReplyDelete