Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hell No You Can't Go!

I have been pulled into the great movie debate by my 12- almost 13 year old son. He wants to see Transformers and after consulting my handy online parent review I gave him a definite NO! The reviews specifically mention cussing, violence, and lots of shots of Megan Fox's underwear clad butt. This all seems designed to lead a young, impressionable boy to places no mother is comfortable with. Plus, as someone who spends a lot of time walking around in underwear, I really couldn't stand up to the Megan/Jacinta butt comparisons that he might be forced to make.

He gave me the "all my friends are doing it" spiel to which I barely restrained myself. Oh, how I longed to give him the timeless reply "if all your friends jumped off a bridge would you?" Less satisfaction, but I am happy that I acted like an adult.

K was wavering and I felt like the meanest mom ever, but I think that part of good parenting is trusting your judgement and I judge that booty shots are not good for 12- almost 13 year old boys. In a teeny, tiny corner of my heart I do feel bad for him especially since he texted me to tell me he was emotionally scarred for life. My reply- "I doubt it." Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment