Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Adventures Since You Last Saw Me

You may or may not know it, but I am on vacay. Oh boy, do I love vacation! We started the week off by finishing the packing for the move to the new house and a semi-lazy Sunday, in which we had 2 services, which slowed down our start.
After service, we left straight from the church and drove four hours to our hotel. By the time we were close (at about 12:30 am) K was doing the rumble strip tango and I was doing him the big favor of screaming loudly, "you're weaving all over the road, why won't you let me drive?" K loves it when I correct his driving, so we agreed to disagree and we were not kind to one another for the next few minutes.
The day started somewhat better on Monday and after a long drive we made it to the lake house for our first day of vacay!
We swam and boated and I drove the Sea-Doo at 6o mph and practically scared myself silly. As a natural-born safety scissors, the speed and whistling wind were too much for me and I was overcome by the need for calm. I goosed the throttle twice more up to 60 just to show myself who was boss and to prove that I could be wild and crazy and then I took it back to the dock. K got a picture and if you could actually see me, instead of a humanoid shaped blob, you would see how carefree and risky I looked.
It was a great start and now we are visiting dear friends in Lexington, SC.
I certainly have needed this time of peace and rest so I am drinking it all in like a thirsty camel. I still have the beach to look forward to! Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment