Tuesday, July 28, 2009

News Of The Day


Today I wore my turquoise cowboy hat to the pool and I felt pretty dashing, so I didn't worry as much about my Vera thighs and cupcake belly. Sher and I swam, and I played a haphazard game of Marco Polo with her, from which I was relieved to be rescued by K. I don't do good with Marco Polo. The boys then played "try to knock mommy off her raft" and I threatened to box their jaws if they didn't leave me alone. To be honest, they really are not that scared of me.
We are all as brown as nuts now, and we are having such a wonderful time. This vacation has been good for the soul.
Something funny to me, is how "bored" the boys are with the beach. It seems that 10 hours of video games don't bore one quite like 3 hours at a beach paradise. Every morning when we head down for the water, laden like pack mules with towels, coolers, and umbrellas; they don't act too interested, but once we are there they forget to be bored and have a good time in spite of themselves. I am worried though because by now most people are saying, "I am ready to go home." I am not.........Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment