Monday, June 29, 2009

Free Bird

The kids are gone and though it has only been two days, I have taken to walking around the house only clad in tank tops and my large granny panties. I find it extremely liberating, but those unfortunate enough to park at the next door deli might not feel the same way. I make a great effort to stay out of the window view but I think a group of landscapers might have got the full effect of my polka-dotted drawers. Since those particular panties are bigger than my swim suit, I didn't worry about it too much. I got a few confused stares from K also, but I am not sure if it was for the walking around in underwear, or the fact that the said underwear were granny panties. He is not a fan of the granny panties.

It feels odd; all my responsibility has been transferred to someone else. I feel slightly confused, but in a really good way. Yesterday, I went a late night movie, ate cereal for dinner and slept so late that I barely made my train this morning. I was kid-less so long ago that it is hard to resurrect the giddy feeling of no accountability, but I am giving it my best effort. Laters.

1 comment:

  1. Nice.. I don't know how Ben will do once we have kids of age to know when he is naked.. I got him to at least put his clothes near our bedroom as soon as he walks in the door. He used to put them directly in a pile next to the front door as soon as he came into the house. Sometimes he wears socks. How can you eat and be naked at the same time? I am glad you enjoyed your "free bird" time. :)

    ReplyDelete