Friday, February 13, 2009

Alas Poor Garbage Can I Knew Thee Well

A terrible windy night. That was last night when our old, faithful garbage can who gave its all, including its wheels, to the service of the Mullins family disappeared. I think that maybe it blew away on a particularly nasty gust of wind. Or perhaps a neighbor coveting its slimy greenness took it under the cover of night to make it their own.

K drove around forlornly this morning looking for it, but to no avail. The old faithful can is gone. I will of course notify the proper authorities.

Ry has a big school dance tonight and Sher and Reagan both have Valentine's parties at school. I remember Valentine's parties in my school days and one word pops into my head. CUPCAKES.

I don't think that there is anything better than a big, fat cupcake with some sprinkles on the frosting. I crave one even now.

1 comment:

  1. The very funny thing (for the person sitting across the street in a little white honda when I came out for my first pass at 11 PM last night when i was first looking for it) was the fact that I was wearing a t-shirt/boxers and my night mocassins...they must have loved that.

    It was a good can, although it had no wheels. Of course I dont know if it gave us the use of its wheels..pretty sure they were gone when we got it.

    ReplyDelete