Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snake Arms

So tonite was my first belly dancing class. The first move that we learned was snake arms which should be graceful and sinuous like a snake- hence the name. Arms waved gracefully around the room. Like snakes.

Now imagine a large pelican stuck in a tar pit flapping frantically to free itself. I like to perform the move in the place of snake arms called freaking out pelican. It is a distant cousin to snake arms- very distantly related and not quite as graceful.

I flapped my way through class with small doses of hip thrusts thrown in for good measure. Those were awesome too. I felt like a cheap, imitation Shakira. I am sure that if someone had a hidden camera……. Well I don't even like to think about that.

I must make sure to practice lots this week. Otherwise I might be kicked out of the harem.

No comments:

Post a Comment