Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fire and Tea

Sher and I had a lovely tea party outside in the pergola at Grandma Judy's house today. We wore our fancy hats and I put on lots of red lipstick. The menu consisted of hot, sweet tea and honey buns and we had real cloth napkins to make things extra special. Since it was a cold day, we made a fire in the outdoor fire place and toasted marshmallows to top off all the sweet tea. The marshmallows were my favorite part. Since we were doing girly things the boys dug a fire pit, surrounded it with bricks and made a campfire outside. They toasted marshmallows too, but ours were much better. Since the fire department here in Union City will call out every truck for the tiniest thing (believe me I know cause they have all showed up at my house before-10 trucks for a smoking chimney) I was afraid that our tiny plumes of smoke would send them into a frenzy, but our fires escaped notice.
Then we all sat around in our fancy hats with our full marshmallow tummies and said Southern things like "Well, darlin' hows your family?" and "Would y'all like some more tea?" and "Land sakes but its cold for this time of year." We had fun! I should have tea parties more often. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment