Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Room Service Please........

I am back! Back at home with my own dirty dishes and my own dusty corners. I also brought the prerequisite 5 loads of vacation laundry that I am halfheartedly working on. The rat is nowhere to be seen when I really need a hand.
I have certainly enjoyed the mini -vacations this month at my mom's and mother-in-law's. I suppose that for great service, a mom's house can't be beat. Each household runs uniquely different with its own blend of hospitality and I enjoyed it all. It is wonderful to lay aside your responsibilities, if only for a weekend and enjoy the untethered freedom of a guest.
I must admit that I have shouldered the return of my own household responsibilities somewhat reluctantly-too much vacation I guess. I made dinner and bought milk for the fridge so it feels somewhat normal. I have yet to make a true grocery run, but I figure that we can eat all the weird stuff in the pantry like asparagus, peaches, and white beans and then I will have more money to buy new shoes. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment