Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

I think that I married into the wrong profession. K is a minister and oftentimes I find myself frustrated by the lack of a week-end, the length of the service and the pontification that goes along with church. I will admit that I have a tiny, tiny attention span, so I am sure that contributes my angst. The ritual of the liturgy that is so calming for some often sends me into a frenzy of clock-watching and convert desires to escape. Personally, I have most often encountered God in the day to day routine and been most inspired by His overarching reach into every aspect of my life and being. But K often reminds me of the importance of corporate worship so I do try to behave and participate like a good wifey should; plus I really love to sing and my shower doesn't always cut it.

We have Good Friday service tonight and as I put Sher into the tub she says, "While you are having church where will I be?" (normally there is a special program for the kids) and I say, "In the service."

She looks very crestfallen and says, "Oh, that will be long and boring." I tended to agree with her a tiny bit, but I only said, "No it won't. Now wash your hair."

I have tracked comments all day from friends and family who are all thinking about the sacrifice made for us by God. That has been my inspiration and sermon, but I'm off to Good Friday service anyway. Laters.



No comments:

Post a Comment