Wednesday, April 29, 2009

La rata juega en mi sótano

The rat is back! Despite taking all the peanut butter laden rat poison. I heard him in the basement when I went down to put in the laundry. And the answer is no, the rat didn't even fold a sock.
To me, it sounded like a huge Shetland pony was galloping about in the pile of cardboard boxes that K has been collecting down there for a year. I let out an involuntary shriek and then reminded myself that K is afraid of mice and rats, not me. I did call upstairs for Ry to bring me a broom just in case; so I could whack the rat if he got feisty and tried to jump on my back as I sorted the whites.
K says he will clean the basement on Saturday. He is not just being nice even though it needs to be done. He is working off a penalty. Ask him about it if you want. With all the boxes down there I figure we have room for quite a nest of them so we may be in for a big surprise when we clean. We may very well be hosting a plethora of rats. Hmmmmmm. Perhaps a large, hungry cat is in order? Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment