Monday, June 1, 2009

I Heart Twilight

Got my nails done on Saturday. My current place of choice is called "FingerNail" as in one, but if I ask nicely they will do the other nine as well. They ask me if I want the spa pedicure which is $50 or the regular which is $25. I always say, "Regular" and then they tell me, "Oh you legs so dry!" (Done in my best Vietnamese imitation) I use the same reverse psychology on them that I do my kids. I say, "Dry? Great! I love it. Regular please." Then they say all sorts of nasty things about me in Vietnamese, but since I don't have a clue what they are saying it's like water off a ducks back. I really like having a fresh new pedi. I admired my toes most of the day on Sunday and even spent some of my nap time just looking at my feet from all different angles. It hurts me to be so narcissistic, but somehow I deal.

I don't like to whine, but today has been a Monday, so I am glad to have this one under my belt and complete. Internally, all I wanted to do was come home, eat a bowl of cereal and go to bed. Instead, I put on my best mommy attitude, made homemade salsa and tacos and now I have some killer chocolate chip cookies in the oven. I am putting the kids to bed early though so I can have a little alone time, AKA watching "Twilight." Go ahead and laugh………. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment