Thursday, June 25, 2009

Now Boarding All Passengers Except Psycho Mom

My kids leave tomorrow on their first solo flight. That means solo. As in A-L-O-N-E. As in without me or K.

That means if I let them go…………….

My current plan of action is to say a stranger packed our bags and they were left unsecured, cause a huge scene, pass out, and get us all kicked out of the airport thus keeping my little piggies home safe and sound with me. I have made a few discreet requests for Valium and Xanax, but so far no one is forthcoming with any. It is an almost six hour trip and my mind has run rampant with all the potential trouble. I have shared my number one flying rule with the kids though which is, "never flush the toilet on an airplane while you are sitting down on it." I once heard of someone getting their intestines sucked out through some kind of freak accident airplane flushing incident. I received some very odd looks from the boys, but Sher seemed to take me serious so I have at least one convert. To make it all worse, the airlines they are flying has no in-flight TV. That is all I will say about that- except come into the current century Northwest/Delta. Kids need TV when they fly. What are they supposed to do for 6 hours without video games or Disney channel?

Letting your kids grow up is so hard. I am so bad at it and I can only feel that it will slide downhill even faster when they bring home girls/boys and start driving. Please say a prayer for my sanity tomorrow. Laters.

2 comments:

  1. Just so everyone knows....this is a tame version of how he is actually feeling. Please pray for her...for real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope goes well. By the way I've been enjoying reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete