Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thoughts on Fathers

A Happy Father's Day to all the good dads I know.

To my dad; for never treating me like a girl except in baseball. He thought I could do whatever I wanted and he made me believe it too, plus he still calls to check on me and makes sure I am home on time.
To my father-in-law for showing me a thing or two about devotion. I like his sense of order. I still owe him a race around the block.
To my brother who parents his girls with the zest of a true adventurer. What fun they have had on his hikes and picnics. What memories they will share.
To my hubby who is a sucker to the pleading eyes of a six year old for trips to the park. He makes extra trips to school, and never says, "be more responsible" when backpacks are left at home. He is a dad in action, taking a vital role in the everyday of our kids lives. He always sees the positive and reminds me to do the same. He has planted three trees and he is committed to see the saplings grow to oaks. He is a wonderful father.
I am lucky to know some pretty great guys. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment