Monday, June 22, 2009

Thanks I Guess……

Be thankful in all things. So, I am literally looking for the rainbow in the storm clouds. My, has it ever rained this month.

I have found that it is easy to be thankful for rain and cool summer weather when it keeps my electricity bill low. It is easy to thankful when rain falls softly against the roof as I fall asleep; car tires swishing by. It is something to consider when I read the news caption, "South bakes in abnormally high temperatures." I am wearing a sweater as I read it and I find it hard to imagine the boiling sun ever piercing through the perpetual grey sky. I have the luxury of flowers without the hassle of lugging a water hose or can around the yard. So I am thankful. We are easily comfortable with window fans at night and I usually am only warm in the after-shower rush to get ready when I am forced to use my hairdryer.

I suppose there is something to be said for rain. So I am thankful. But I am afraid my thanks might be running out. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment