Thursday, June 11, 2009

Just A Squirrel Trying To Get A Cashew

I have a tin of mixed nuts that I am trying to snack on to replace all my junk food. My problem is that I have nut preference. I don't like peanuts so I buy the "premium" blend which is cashews, almonds, macadamia, and pecan.

My faves are cashews and macadamia. Almonds and pecans fall into last place.

Being egalitarian, I force myself to eat each nut in sequence and not pick out my favorites. This is very hard to do since I really don't want to eat the pecans at all, but I have developed a system where I just take one out like a bingo game caller and I have to eat what I get. This nut bingo is just another way of keeping order and rules in play in the universe. Plus, I am alternately happy and sad depending on my choice so the chance of picking a cashew gives me something to look forward to. I did try just eating my favorite ones, but then I had a tin of almonds and pecans and I had to eat all of those in one setting with no cashews to break it up. That was not a good afternoon at the office, so I broke down and bought some Twizzlers, and there went my diet; so you can plainly see the importance of bipartisan nut eating.

Just a note: there are always more almonds and pecans in the tin than cashews and macadamia. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment