Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Today's Forecast

I often wish that I was a person who read the weather report before leaving the house. Like today, for instance, when I left home this morning it was a sunny day with blue skies and all, but then around 3 the rain started pouring down. Luckily, by the time I left to walk to the train station the rain had calmed to a light sprinkle and I didn't get too wet. The bad news was twofold, one, that I had no umbrella and two, I had chosen to wear a white skirt. Note: White skirts and water don't mix.
I was jealous of the lady that I passed who was wearing a smart, navy raincoat complete with a shiny, buckled belt. She carried a lime green umbrella and talked loudly on her cell phone. I was wet, she was not. I assume that she is a weather report reader? Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment