Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bite Me

I'm really in a lather to read the three new vampire books I just checked out at the library. One is titled "Dead Sexy" which sounds promising, so I may start with that one. I have a whole theory on why people read vampire novels and the like. If you want to hear it, I will be glad to send you a copy of my manifesto. The basic premise is that people really want something more than the everyday ordinary and that our basic nature is supernatural, so we seek it out. Some of us seek more than others; like a certain unnamed friend who went to see Twilight 4 times and owns the DVD. K thinks I just like to read dumb books, but it really is a spiritual experiment. Really……honest.

The only hindrances to my reading so far have been a late fee at the library $2.30, work, and Reag's band/chorus concert that is scheduled for tonight. I love my kids more than my own life, but I detest band/chorus concerts at the fifth grade level. I will go and be a good mamma, but as soon as the last flat note is sung, I am heading home to read.

It is poetry Thursday and I couldn't find any vampire poems, so I went with a limerick instead. I had a hard time finding a good one. They all tend to be terrible. Laters.

Limerick

By Edward Lear

There was an Old Man in a boat,
Who said, 'I'm afloat, I'm afloat!'
When they said, 'No! you ain't!'
He was ready to faint,
That unhappy Old Man in a boat.

1 comment:

  1. okay...it was twice in the theater and twice after i bought the dvd. well...three times after i bought the dvd!

    ReplyDelete