Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Word of the Day

I let Sher lie in my bed until she fell asleep. The truth is that I am glad to have her here with me, all warm and pink, snuffling quietly in her sleep. I often find myself thinking of my children, each one at different times of the day, while I remember the things that make them. The boys usually pass on the cozy bedtime part, but they always stop to give me a good night kiss and I always feel a fierce sense of pride.

Things are neat and quiet here tonight, I had the house cleaned today and I felt no responsibility this evening except to have dinner on the table. I made spaghetti and it was good and simple and the night passed in easy camaraderie. (You can't imagine how long I've wanted to use camaraderie in a sentence and tonight was the magic night)

I read a good book and felt at ease in my mind- that is a rare gift in itself. Thankful that life (and K) reminds me to enjoy the here and now and be present for each day's offering. I have let many a good day pass lived, yet unacknowledged. If you can't tell I am feeling maudlin and I will now sign off for bed. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment