Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mrs. Robinson

I think that the eighteen year old working at the drugstore below my office has a crush on me. He gives me extra coupons, free pill boxes so I won't forget my meds, and special treatment in the checkout line. He also saves receipts for me with the chance to call and take a customer service survey to win $1,000. Maybe he thinks that if I win we can run away together and live on love.

He pays me nice compliments like saying that I look too young to have kids even after he just developed family pics of me and all my brood. I just smile my mysterious older woman smile and lead him on 'cause sometimes he gives me free 4x6 photos.

Today he told me that my dress looked pretty on me. I said thanks and walked on with a little extra get-up-and-go in my step. I do think that I disappointed him a little though when I asked him where the knee braces were. (I hurt my knee during one of my fierce cougar workouts) Being an ageing seductress is hard work. Laters.

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious. When I worked at the dance studio last year.. I would go to walgreens across the street all the time and Ben would come with me quite often. This guy was "nice" to me.. but then asked me on a date knowing full-well that I was married.. then I told him I was married and he said so. I told Ben and he went in there later.. and I don't know what happened. So I started going around the corner to CVS.

    ReplyDelete