Thursday, May 28, 2009

Unwelcome Guest or 3

Unhappy with his digs in the basement, the rat called a few friends, ate some garbage and moved on up to the main part of the house. Now instead of skulking around in the basement, the rat and his friends move freely about the house, availing themselves of the fine amenities that the Mullins home has to offer. Today he perched merrily on the shelf in the pantry, interested it seems, in joining us for breakfast. Our kind neighbors also informed us yesterday that they had seen the rats frolicking in plain sight on the back porch. Most likely they were having a cook out, but I had given them stern orders not to light the grill if K and I weren't home so there was no excuse. I feel bad because our neighbors probably think that we are dirty, rat loving people and I feel the need to invite them over to see our spic and span house. My guess is that the rats come from the huge dumpsters of the next door restaurant, see our delightful layout and just want to stay.

Laundry I am fine with the rats helping out, but food service…. Not so much. K has made the appropriate stern phone calls to our landlord and I hope that the rat and his friends are soon dispatched to the special heaven set aside for those of their ilk. In case you wonder, I am super grossed out. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment