Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ahoy Captain

I wish you all could have seen this guy. I tried to take his picture with my iphone, but he was way too spry.

Imagine every stereotypical picture of a grizzled sea captain that you have ever seen- the guy from "Jaws", the fisherman from Mrs. Paul's fish sticks, etc.

There he was right in front of me riding a bike, a bike I tell you, with his frazzled white beard, down to his chest, a captain's hat on, and wearing a smart mackintosh that fit his sea captain vibe perfectly. And as he rode merrily in the rain he was smoking a PIPE!!! I kid you not; he puffed out little clouds of pipe smoke as he waited for the light to change.

Ok- recap, sea captain, bike, captain's hat, mackintosh, and a lit pipe. The best and perhaps most incongruent part was that he was wearing knee-high leather horseback riding boots, but he was riding so who am I to criticize?

All I could think was "Wow- I am so jealous of you, wearing your cool captain outfit, smoking a pipe while riding your bike in the rain."

Some people have cooler jobs than me.

4 comments:

  1. Really, a pipe w/ riding boots. That is too much- that's one for miss observant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that we have true ecclectic captains in our midst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I resemble that remark. What? Being an ecclectic Captain and all. I think I got a lot of "C's" in school. THAT would make me a C-Captain...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have whipped out your camera and captured him for us to see!!!

    ReplyDelete