Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Irish Wish List

I am sorry to report that I have done no shenanigans for St. Patrick's Day. I did have some intentions, but between work, the excel sheets from hell, Sher's swim lessons, (I rode the stationary bike for 20 minutes while I waited and I will tell you my butt was killing me) and going to the grocery store I just couldn't fit any naughtiness in.

Here is what I planned to do and if I am independently wealthy next year with a nanny who carts my kids around maybe I will fit the list in then:

  1. Moon someone. (this could be anyone- but would be more fun if they were stuffy or old and they would have to be really shocked)
  2. Drink a whole pint of Guinness. (since I had Guinness in an actual bar in Ireland and took a mini-tour of the factory-also in Ireland, I am gonna say this might not happen. Guinness tastes really bad)
  3. Kiss the Blarney Stone (i.e. I was in Ireland and now I am not- so it was not possible)
  4. Meet up with some loud and raucous frat boys in a bar and have them make me their Irish Queen. They will then be forced to do demeaning errands for me (oh wait, that was last night's dream, never mind)
  5. Wear a headband with the shamrocks attached on bendy, wire coils that bounce around all day. (Those are cool and I think that Target has them in the $1 bin so I can afford it)
  6. Say "Top 'o the Morning" to everyone- all day, even in the afternoon. (I will note that no one ever said that to me whilst I was in Ireland so I don't know how authentic it is)
  7. Trick someone into eating Blood Pudding. (This is authentic to Ireland and probably the grossest thing you will ever put in your mouth. K almost yaked when he tried it.)
  8. Win the lotto- you know, the "Luck of the Irish."
  9. Do a killer Irish step- dance and have people say "oh Jacinta, you are the Lord of The Dance. Who is this Michael Flatley character?" (I can't even describe how cool that would be. Superstar!)
  10. Actually make cabbage. I mean does anyone?

So that is all. If next year you hear tale of a step-dancing queen who mooned someone old and stuffy, you will know who it was. Laters

 

1 comment:

  1. I think any list you make always has "moon someone" on it. Your things-to-do list for Valentines, Easter and even Memorial day, so this is no big suprise here. Number nine is just freakin' hilarious. It's funny just to think of that freak Michael Flatley but to think of you supplanting him in all his "Lordness" makes me ha ha. I did almost yak when I ate blood pudding...in fact I just almost yakked when I wrote blood pudding. On number six you must have forgotten that I said that phrase an awful lot when we were there. Great post btw...

    ReplyDelete