Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Son's Poem

Its poetry Thursday again and tonight for your enjoyment I am posting a poem by my son, Reagan. I will preface the post by saying that he is one of the most thoughtful, clever boys I know and I think that his poems should be published. He has quite the portfolio, but this one is my current favorite because I love William Carlos Williams myself.

Warm

inspired by William Carlos Williams The Red Wheel Barrow


So much depends upon

a white radiator

sputtering through the night

looming in my room


I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did and yes I am so proud of him!!


3 comments:

  1. Reagan, you are so great!! That poem is wonderful- I would buy your book. Keep writing. Love, Aunt Areli

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is his mother's son. I loved the poem. I was still thinking about it a few days after reading it-I love when writing does that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good.. Tell Reg that it was awesome! I love the red wheel barrow poem too. short and to the point. :)

    ReplyDelete