Sunday, March 8, 2009

Why yes,

This is a pic of the snazzy chapeau (that's "hat" for all you non-French speaking people like me) that I wore to church today. It has all the things I love- feathers, stiff netting, and it was black and saucy.

I felt pretty happy while I was wearing it, though I did think, hmmmm... what will people think? And then I realized that I don't care. I love my hat and my hat loves me and it looks pert and adorable on top of my head so that is all that matters.

If you really must know- I got several compliments, a few WTF? stares, and a couple of nervous giggles. So I am counting it as a big hit.

Working on the Easter hat now-thinking Kentucky Derby- so get ready for some major hat folks!

4 comments:

  1. I love the hat!!! I am so proud of you for wearing it... I have always held a sweet fondness of those days before my time when it was "proper" for ladies to wear such beautiful decorations. I love reading your blog by the way- it is always interesting and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darnit, I missed the hat, but if it helps, right after reading this, I asked my hubs if he saw your hat yesterday and he said, "Oh yeah, it was pretty cool" with a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders. <----this is all high praise from him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...so you didn't explain the entire outfit. If the hat was all you were wearing (and I wouldn't be surprised considering I know your past....remember the hand towel..ROFLOL) then maybe a few glances and stares were called for :-) I do love the hats pictured at the Kentucky Derby. I always thought Princess Diana was stunning in her hats. Keep it up...set a fashion trend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love fancy hats and people that wear them!

    ReplyDelete