Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

I have been missing you a lot lately and I wish I could see you. I want to come to your house with all the big windows and open space and lie in bed in the mornings listening to you hum as you water your flowers outside my window. I want that guilty feeling of sleeping in while you play with my kids outside in the garden. I want to wake up and get some coffee that is ready, that I don't make myself, and drink it out in the pergola while sweating in early morning sun.

I miss butter beans and turnip greens and fried chicken. I never have them at my house and they never taste the same anyway when I make them. I also want a tuna sandwich made by your hands; you make the best ones with a nice side of plain old Lays.

I know you have a new bathroom upstairs and I am excited to see that as well cause last time we slept up there I almost peed my pants during the night cause I didn't want to walk all the way downstairs. I want to see all the work that Dad "does" that you really do so I can hear him brag.

I want Sher to see you every day like she used to. I miss all your good bargains that you find at yard sales and Fred's Dollar Store.

I mostly want to say that I miss you and I am thinking about you always.

Love,

Jacinta


 

3 comments:

  1. They always say the very best writing comes from the heart, and this must be true because the first paragraph is exceptionally beautiful writing. Truly. :)

    I hope you get to see her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I mentioned yesterday...yeah for me its the Fried Chicken and the overall leisurely way that life unfolds in Union City. I remember thinking so many times when we lived there.."it's only six o'clock." Time truly passes slower at your Mom's...another reason to be attracted to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here right now and it is wonderful! I love your mom! :)

    ps... the bathroom is so cute and it is so wonderful not having to go downstairs into the bathroom that Abby stinks up!

    ReplyDelete